Tuesday, January 05, 2010

always an exciting sighting

Today I returned a sack o'books to the big regional library not too far from us with the drive-up book drop on the way to retrieve the elder lad from preschool.  The younger lad (the one who had declared "I don't want to nap!" at siesta time) was out cold in the back seat, and even though I had a trip planned to our local library for "fresh" books, as we call them, after school, I wanted to drop off the big load beforehand for simplicity's sake.

Three huge firetrucks were parked in the big library's lot.  None of them had lights or sirens on -- it wasn't an emergency.  The firefighters must've been inside the library.  When I related this story to the lads after school, I mused aloud "maybe they were there for a program or something." 

The elder lad had a different hypothesis:

"Maybe they were there for fresh books.  Not picture books.  Firefighter books."

He might just be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails