Monday, April 19, 2010

musical minds

We always like going to story time at our local branch library.  The talented librarian who usually leads it brings instruments to play between books.  She has several follow-along songs and little games she does with them.

In the past month or two, I've stopped slinging the lass at story time.  She likes to walk around a little -- or just stand there and listen to the story (or sit on the floor and play with my little purse).  Today, though, she got some egg shakers and jingle bells along with her brothers and had a great time shaking them at the designated time.   She's had fun playing with the instruments we have at home, but seeing her following the librarian's directions was amazing!  She was having a great time.

Add this to the songs the younger lad breaks into and the elder lad's piano prowess, and I think I might have some little musicians on my hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails