Friday, April 16, 2010

so it goes

Funny thing happened this morning: as their dad was leaving for work, the lads discovered a bowl of lemons on the counter.  The younger lad held one above his head and ran around the house yelling "I'm a lemon head!"  Soon we had two Lemon Heads.

I was just about dash over and post this very story, when, as can happen, soon the lemony glee was replaced by some minor fisticuffs between the lads owing to one wanting some space in the bedroom they share and the other seizing an opportunity to irritate his brother by having none of that.

This squabble extinguished, everyone's personal space respected, and the brothers at peace with each other again (how quickly they can let such things go is a bit of a wonder to me, but I'm glad of it), we loaded up to take the elder lad to the pediatrician.

Upon arrival, the younger lad asks "where's the stroller?"  (Sometimes I bring one if it's just me taking all three to the ped.  Sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth.)

"I didn't bring one, babe.  Everybody's walking today."

"Except [the lass].  You carry her, Mama?"  he asks.  I answer in the affirmative.   "I can walk."  he says.  "I have feet.  We all have feet."

Diagnosis: ear infection.  Lovely.  This on top of the relentless sniffling thanks to the ridiculous pollen count.  Poor guy.

Now the house is quiet with three sleeping bambini (a rarity during daylight hours).  Here's hoping my elder Lemon Head will soon be feeling more like himself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails