Friday, October 22, 2010

soundbytes

Elder lad, throwing a nickel in a wishing well on a solo outing with his grandparents:
"I wish my brother would be a good brother to me.
I wish my sister would be a good sister to me.
I wish my sissy would be a good sissy to me.
And I wish I would be a good brother to all those guys."

Younger lad, from the backseat of the same grandparents' car as they left our house en route to the zoo:
"Mama looks so tiny!"
(I'm not tiny -- I was just far away from him by then as I stood on the driveway and waved good-bye.)

Lass, in reference to a scrape on her shin from a few weeks ago that healed quickly but has left a little scar:
"Boo boo healing.  So happy."

The raven-haired lass is finding her voice and adding a delightful dimension of babbles and coos to the conversation -- when she can get a word in edgewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails