Tuesday, June 08, 2010

living up to the compliment (trying to, anyway)

"You're my best mama ever," my affectionate three-year-old has been telling me these past few days.

As much as I love hearing that and as good as it makes me feel, I'm not so sure I've earned such a compliment.  Into my third trimester now, I'm big, hot, tired, and simply shorter on valuable resources like patience, creativity, and humor that help us navigate our days together.

I pray to be that mama for him and his siblings, today and every day.

2 comments:

  1. I love when they say that, even when I haven't earned it. It makes me want to work that much harder at being the best mama I can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've witnessed you being their mamma and I think you are a jewel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails