Sunday, February 20, 2011

mud season

Temperatures in the deep freeze two weeks ago have given rise to those in the 70s and even 80s this past week. The blanket of snow has melted, ushering in mud season (a la Toot & Puddle).
boots necessary (preferably ones that aren't cracked after serving as brakes while riding plasma cars)

As if my laundry pile weren't already formidable, now it is reeling from a few afternoons of lads (and lass) gleefully cavorting in the goo.
lassies like boots, too (and leggings).

In mud's defense, I'll allow that, in addition to its unmatched sensory satisfaction, mud also makes for good brother bonding.

And while it means more challenging laundry, I'm grateful for sunshine, warmer temperatures, and the lovely rainbow my muddy lass drew on my muddy porch:
 But I won't be sorry to see the mud dry out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails