Saturday, September 18, 2010

mother radar

My mom always used to be able to find stuff that I couldn't.  She called it "mother radar" and said she learned it in "mom school."

Turns out, I've got pretty good mother radar myself for such things as sunglasses, favorite t-shirts, and specific flavors of bagels hiding in the freezer.  I must get it from her.  I'm still in "mom school," though.  I think there are something like thirteen grades.  I'm in kindergarten.

Already, though, I can handle such trick questions (posed in earnest) as "Mom, where's my hat?"
"On your head."

My radar doesn't always work.  Doozies like something lost at an indoor playground that really should've been left at home are handled in graduate school, I do believe, as an elective.

1 comment:

  1. Were you aware that there is graduate school for Grands? I hear the statistics course involves keeping track of beautiful hair bows that are supposed to remain on the heads of precious grandgirls when they are scampering about on adventures with the grands. I'm going to enroll as soon as I can work it into my schedule! In the meantime, I'm giving myself extra credit for placing a pink bow in the correct place for inventory in one little girl's closet at the end of the night on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails