Saturday, May 22, 2010

stay home day

Most days are "work days" for my beloved, and others are "stay home days."  How we relish the latter ones.  On this particular stay home day, we have literally been at home all day.  This is not unusual, as we have deliberately kept from taking on outside commitments and obligations during this brief season of family life, knowing the importance of just being with our bambini.  Settling into this home-based existence has been a challenge for me, because I'm one who likes to be out and about.  With three children in car seats and my ever-growing baby belly, however, getting out is not as easy as it once was.  I still do it nearly every day, as otherwise I get pretty antsy, but not today.



Instead, there was breakfast casserole this morning, haircuts for the lads after they happily cavorted in the muddy dirt box in the backyard as my beloved tended the garden (those are some of the salad greens, mega radishes, and wee little 'maters pictured above), baking a blueberry buckle, book reading, laundry, and Legos, among other things.

It's been a glory day.  I'll be ready to get out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails