Tuesday, May 04, 2010

wonders never cease

My diminutive but spunky (some might say fiesty) maternal grandmother Fran would be 96 today.  Lately my younger lad has been singing little ditties, some with words, others just improvised melodies, as he goes about his doings.  In this way, he reminds me of the little badger Frances of the Frances books.  Sunny little fellow that he is, I think my grandmother Fran would revel in him just as much as the rest of us (and I bet she does from her vantage point in heaven).  He'd probably find her equally delightful.

Speaking of spunky, the multitude of prayers being offered for my friend paralyzed in late January by complications of bacterial meningitis are being answered!  In March she relocated out of state to a hospital devoted to spinal cord injury patients.  Since her arrival there, she has weaned off the ventilator, can move both arms (which means she will one day be able to hold her baby boy, who is growing steadily and may soon get to leave the NICU for home), and can wiggle her fingers.  Her husband, daughter (who shares a birthday with my elder lad, remember), and two-and-a-half year old son visited her this past weekend.  She's been able to speak to her family by phone and is now learning such skills as how to use a computer via voice recognition.  We continue to pray for complete restoration of her faculties and a reunion with her family very soon.  As evidenced by these hopeful strides, truly wonders never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails