Sunday, July 29, 2012

rainbows

I have always loved rainbows.  They're one of the few things I can draw reasonably well.  Recently I've taken to arranging things in rainbows -- my hanging clothes, for example. The effect is not quite on par with my favorite clothing stores' lovely ROY G. BIV arrangements, largely because there's still so much *stuff* on my side of the closet, but it's an improvement (and I keep chipping away at the mess little by little).

clothes arranged in rainbow order
Why am I posting a picture of my messy closet?  I'm just keepin' it real.

See what I mean?  Not exactly boutique. Maybe if they weren't packed in there so tightly...

Here's something easier on the eyes: a lass in a rainbow shirt.  Mama may not have much of a future illustrating children's books, but she can paint a rainbow. 
rainbow painted on a turquoise t-shirt

Happily, my countertops are looking a lot better than my closet. The kitchen has also been rainbow-fied:
rainbow of fruit

I've been on a roll with these fruit kabobs (remember the Fruit Bots?).
rainbow fruit kabobs 

I'm not the only one drawn instinctively to the rainbows. Fruit flies seem to like them too. Here's how we deal with that pesky problem.  I give you "The Fruit Fly Death Trap":
 cup with paper cone and apple cider vinegar to attract and trap fruit flies 

What is it about rainbows that makes them so perfectly lovely and delightful in whatever form but especially arching across the sky into eternity?  They must be heaven-sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails