Tuesday, March 20, 2012

something up our sleeves

Home for Spring Break during what appears to be monsoon season, the elder lad and I were discussing the day's agenda. After lunch and siesta time, I told him, I "might have something up my sleeve."

"Is that an expression?" he wanted to know.

"Yes. It means I might have a surprise for you," I answered, giving rise to a guessing game.

Ice cream! The children's museum!

Nope. A program at the library given by one of the docents from the air and space museum, which ranks right up there with those other places in the lads' estimation but was farther than I planned to travel today.

As we were loading up to go, the elder lass began to fuss, asking for my help. "I have something up my sleeve!" she lamented.

The elder lad was quick to note the difference. Upon discovering a postage stamp up his sister's sleeve, he announced "She really does! How'd that get there?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails