Thursday, September 09, 2010

birthday blessings

Birthdays have a whole new meaning for me now that I'm a mother.  On each of my bambini's birthdays I relive the day of their birth and how each birth transpired.  Each of these days is as much (or more) one of celebration for me as my own birthday, as each marks another gift from God, the Author of all life.

Today is my birthday.  In experiencing our elder lad's first birthday five years ago, I came to realize how much my birthday must mean to my own parents.  It's not just about me -- it's about them, too. 

So while I take great delight in all the festivities and am deeply humbled for all the expressions of love from so many, I am most of all grateful for the gift of life and the tender love and care my parents and family continue to lavish upon me as they have since the day of my birth.

2 comments:

  1. Being a mother causes EVERYTHING to be seen in a whole new light. :) Happiest of birthdays to a beloved wife, mom, and daughter. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails