Wednesday, September 15, 2010

me in their eyes

I'm still not sure what to make of the lads' perception of me -- their mama famous for cleaning (notice he didn't say "laundry") but not so good at scaling the outside of the stairs.  It's funny the things that resonate with kids.  

For example, we do build with blocks a lot, but we also spend a lot of time reading together.  The mall is not my favorite place (but it might be the younger lad's -- he sure does like the play area), and while I indeed like ice cream, I'm surprised the elder lad didn't say "chocolate" or "coffee" were my favorite.  I bet the lass will when I  interview her.   Clever girl is wise to the presence of my secret chocolate stash.

When I query them again as I plan to, I wonder how differently they'll respond.  Here's hoping they'll both still respond that "I love you" is something I say to them a lot.  That's the impetus behind everything I do, and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails